I am sooooo excited to share my "Project Life Made Easy" Video with you today!!!!! brought to you by Patty Bennett & Sara Douglass, crafting in Shelli Gardner's stamp room!!!
When my family and I traveled to the Stampin' UP! home office in Riverton, UT in December to celebrate my million $$ in sales achievement, one of the things I requested was that Sara and I could work on a Project Life album on "day 2" of my visit, using photos taken by the Stampin' Up! photographers on "day 1". And of course.. they made my dreams come true!!
Seriously.. do you think we might have been having TOO much fun!? (we did!) 🙂
This was an AMAZING day (ok the whole TRIP was amazing!) and I will never forget the awesome day spent with Sara (Interim CEO of Stampin' UP!) as we crafted, chatted, laughed, ate, and preserved memories in Shelli Gardner's craft room! YES.. we were AT SHELLI'S house!! eek!! 🙂 I had asked Sara if we could do this at her house in her stamp room and she says, "Let's do it at my mom's house!" …. ummm OK!!! 🙂 Sara was the MOST gracious hostess and since Shelli could not be there, she called in with a FaceTime call!! Watch the video for all the fun we had that day!
Watch the Video below for all the details on our amazing day together and to learn all the basics you need to know to get started preserving your memories with Project Life by Stampin' UP!
(unable to view the video? see it HERE on my Youtube channel)
CLICK HERE for an update (Feb. 2016) on my Project Life crafting space!
Did you catch the 3 basic steps for getting started with your Project Life album in the video?
Here is what Sara advised:
- Step 1: get your photos printed, sort through them to find your favorites, then put them in order for your album (this might be chronological, or might be by subject, by event, etc.)
- Step 2: slip your photos into the pocket pages, leaving some pockets empty for the cards (see step 3)
- Step 3: go through the Project Life cards and pick out the cards you want in your album, slip them into the empty pockets in your album. Journal on some, and embellish on others. Don't forget to embellish ON your photos as well with the accessories in the accessory pack!
We used a 6"x8" Project Life album, and of course the 6×8 pocket pages. You also have the choice of a 12×12 album which will hold a lot more photos and cards per page than the 6×8 album. We used the 6×8 Kraft album (shown below) with the 6×8 variety pack pocket pages, and the Memories in the Making Cards, accessory pack and stamp set, all shown below. The overlays I refer to in the video are from the FREE Memories in the Making Sale a Bration gift pack (free with your $50 order), found on pg 8 in the Sale a Bration brochure.
The Basic Project Life by Stampin' UP! Supplies that you'll need are:
- A Project Life 3 ring Album (click here to see them all)
- Project Life Photo Pocket Pages for your size album (click here to see them all)
- Project Life Cards and Accessory packs for journaling, decorating and embellishing (click here to see them all)
- Project Life Journaling Pens for recoring your memories (click here)
- Additional Project Life cards, accessories and stamp sets (click here to see them all)
So at a minimum, to get started, your list would look something like this… select your album size and order the correct pocket pages to go inside, then get a pack or 2 of Project Life Cards, an accessory pack and the journaling pens!
TUNE IN TOMORROW for photos of all of my Project Life Pages that we created together!
Part of this amazing experience was that after we created this Project Life album, we went back to the Stampin' Up! home office, and Dirk took me to the photography studio and we shot all of the Project Life page layouts that Sara and I created!! Yes.. professional photos of all the layouts of this book!! They really spoiled me with my trip to the Home Office.. I am working hard to sell my next million so I can go back! 🙂
- Sara, for being the hostess with the mostest and awesome teacher, crafting partner… 🙂
- Merilee, for all of your help that day!
- Ben, for your mad skills with the video camera!!
- Jon, for the still shots!
- Shelli, for letting us use your lovely home!
- Dirk, for the amazing photos of our page layouts!
- Concept Art Artists for the beautiful Project Life Album!
- and to my faithful customers for 20 years of ordering Stampin' Up! supplies!
Patty's 2016 Project Life Challenge!
If you are willing to take my 2016 challenge and make this the year that you start Project Life, or get back to it, leave me a comment and let me know! Let's do this together! If you need Project Life by Stampin' Up! Supplies, click here or the icon below to shop online anytime!
Need a catalog? Please allow me to send you one if you don't already have a demonstrator! Leave me a comment or send me an email; PattyStamps@comcast.net
Sign Up for my Customer Newsletter
Patty's FREE VIDEO tutorials
Need a Stampin' Up! catalog?