I love square cards because they are a bit unexpected, but so fun! I created this square card featuring the Stampin' UP! Feather & Frost stamp set and the Layering Squares framelit dies. I also used a bit of an unexpected Christmas color combo of Poppy Parade and Shaded Spruce!
- I started by die cutting the Whisper White Scalloped Square in the Big Shot, then stamping the flower like a clock, at 12 o'clock, 6 o'clock, 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock, then stamping the flower in between, in Poppy Parade ink.
- I masked the flowers and stamped several leaves from the Candy Cane Season stamp set in Shaded Spruce ink.
- I stamped the banner from Birthday Banners in Shaded Spruce, die cut it with the Bunch of Banners framelits, and then stamped the LOVE & JOY in Poppy Parade (it's from the Great Joy set (pg 22 Holiday catalog).
- The sweet bow is stamped with Shaded Spruce ink, and it's from the Candy Cane bundle!
- Final touch, add logs of bling with Gold Metallic pearls!
Ready to make your own handmade Christmas cards this year? You will find all of the stamp sets, ink pads, cardstock, and accessories in my ONLINE Stampin' UP! store, or click any of the product photos at the bottom of this post to shop right in my store.
What do you think of this Stampin' UP! Christmas color combo? Vibrant and bright Poppy Parade, paired with the elegant and stately Shaded Spruce!?
The Layering Square framelits are definitely one of the stars of the show here!! I layered the Whisper White scalloped square onto Shaded Spruce, then another Whisper White square then onto a 4-1/4" square Poppy Parade folded card base.
After I stamped the Poppy Parade Flowers, I used a Blender Pen to just slightly blend the ink without really coloring them in.
Looking for the Feather & Frost stamp set? Find it on page 30 of your 2018 Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog, or here in my online store.
I hope you enjoyed this inspiration for your handmade Christmas cards!