I try to make at least one Christmas Tree Ornament each year with Stampin’ Up! supplies. This year I made a Shaker Ornament featuring a stamped wreath, sequins, die cut base, punched bow and shaker domes all from Stampin’ UP!
How to Make a Shaker Christmas Ornament
- Stamp and die cut a wreath (I used wreath die cuts from my October Paper Pumpkin kit). Place 2 wreaths back to back, sandwiching a piece of acetate or window sheet in between them. Add Sequins for Everything and Snowflake Sequins to one shaker dome.
- Place the wreath inside the Snow Globe Shaker Dome, add more sequins.
- Peel the release tape from both domes and stick them together to create a 3-D dome.
- Shake it! 🙂
- Die cut globe shape from a 4″ square of Red Velvet using the Snow Globe Scenes dies. Pull release tape off of one of the globe halves, press velvet paper onto exposed sticky area.
- Using Paper Snips, trim excess red velvet away.
- Repeat #5 and #6 on the other side of the shaker dome.
- Die cut Snow Globe Scenes base pieces with Silver Foil paper and Red Velvet using the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, and layer together. Add one base to each side. I used Seal+ to adhere the base to the globe.
The wreaths, as mentioned above came from my October 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit. I stamped the wreath using the set that came in the kit, then added Red Rhinestones all over them. You could easily use any wreath stamps or dies you have, too!
For the snow globe base, I die cut the solid base with Silver Foil sheets and the detailed one with Red Velvet paper. I adhered them together and then put 2 of them back to back to form the base of my ornaments.
Each shaker Christmas ornament has a red twine “hanger” and a stamped, colored and punched bow, featuring the Gift Bow set and punch. At this time, I believe the set is unavailable in English, but the Bow Builder punch is on sale!
- Super fun fast motion video for the shaker Christmas Ornaments above HERE
- Make Shaker CARDS – watch the video HERE
Want to leave a comment? Please CLICK HERE.
December Customer Thank You Gift
My Gift To You in 2021!
When you join my birthday club, you will earn a free stamp set (up to $25 value) in 2021, during the month of your birthday!
How to Join:
- Place a $75 or more order in December 2020 (before tax and shipping) in my online store
- Receive a Birthday Club postcard and handmade card in the mail from me
- Redeem your free stamp set in 2021 by mailing the postcard back during your birthday month, requesting your free stamp set! (I will pay the tax and shipping on your free set!)
Thank you for being one of my customers! I appreciate you! Click to read more perks of being my customer!