The Whale of a Time Suite is sooooo fun to use and has just the BEST designer paper pack ever!!! I have some Shaker Card Tips for you today featuring the Whale of a Time Suite! This shaker card idea is similar to the card on page 95 in the Annual Stampin’ Up! catalog. We made it in Kurstan’s class this weekend!!
One of the great parts about this shaker card is the embossed front panel. The Coastal Cabana cardstock front panel is embossed with the Seabed embossing folder #152700.
See the entire Whale of a Time Suite HERE online, or on pages 94 to 96 in the catalog.
Shaker Card Tips:
- Use a piece of the Whale of a Time designer paper behind the circle opening!
- Add Whale of a Time sequins on top of the designer paper
- Use paper snips to fussy cut out a few of the cute sea creatures from the designer paper, and add them to your pile of sequins!!
- Use Foam Adhesive Strips around the circle opening to ensure your sequins (and shaker bits) don’t come out!
- Add extra Foam Adhesive Strips around the perimeter of the card front panel to ensure it’s all at the same height
- Sandwich a piece of Window Sheets (acetate) between the embossed front panel and the foam strips
I inked my Big Deal stamp with Just Jade ink and then sponged on some Pretty Peacock ink with a dauber to give a 2 tone effect on this cute greeting! I stamped it onto a die cut from the Tasteful Labels dies.
The Whale stamp was inked the same way.. ink it in Just Jade ink and sponge some Pretty Peacock ink onto the rubber before stamping.
See the Whale of a Time designer paper below or HERE online! It’s so cute!!!!
The cute vellum seaweed accent die cut is from the Smooth Sailing die set #149576.
Want to leave a comment? Please CLICK HERE.
NOTE: with the transition of the new Stampin' UP! online store on 8-4-20, you may experience some issues with products not linking correctly. If that happens, please use the item code numbers listed below to shop Stampin' UP! online. Contact me if you need assistance.