Looking for a really cute, quick and easy Easter gift!? How about this great idea featuring the Stampin’ UP! Acetate Card Boxes and the Welcome Easter stamp set!? I made this at a recent retreat hosted by Amy and just could not wait to share this fun idea with you!!
How to make the Welcome Easter Treat box:
This is really clever, and such a fun design.
- Take one of the Acetate Card Boxes, and while it’s still flat, right out of the package, cut it in 1/2.
- Then pop both pieces up to form 2 half boxes as shown above and below.
- Cut 2 pieces of cardstock (we used Crumb Cake, embossed with the Basket Weave embossing folder), each is 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″.
- Punch or die cut matching holes near the top (for a “handle”). I also decided to round the top corners.
- Slide one piece of the embossed cardstock into each of the two 1/2 boxes
- Secure all of the pieces together – I used Tear & Tape
- Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of designer paper (we used Pleased as Punch designer paper) and wrap around the project as shown and secure with Tear & Tape or strong adhesive.
- Decorate and tie with a ribbon
All of these supplies are shown at the bottom of this post. Click any product image to go right to my online Stampin’ Up! store to shop.
To decorate the front of the Easter basket/box, we stamped the bunny from the Welcome Easter set on Basic Gray cardstock with Basic Gray ink, and fussy cut him out with Paper Snips. He is mounted onto a Granny Apple Green scalloped oval, and onto a Whisper White Stitched Shape oval, then onto a Petal Pink Scalloped oval. The Easter Greeting is stamped with Granny Apple Green ink onto a circle and layered onto a Petal Pink scalloped circle.
Want to leave a comment? Please CLICK HERE.
NOTE: with the transition of the new Stampin' UP! online store on 8-4-20, you may experience some issues with products not linking correctly. If that happens, please use the item code numbers listed below to shop Stampin' UP! online. Contact me if you need assistance.