We just celebrated my husband Eric’s birthday a couple days ago and this is one of the cards I made him. He always enjoys Amazon Gift Cards, so I made a gift card holder featuring the Stampin’ UP sets called “A Good Man” (cuz he IS!) 🙂 and “Friend Like You”.
The birthday card opens to reveal a small pocket inside perfect for a gift card!
You can find these 2 Stampin’ UP! sets here:
- Friend Like You, page 124, 2019 Annual Stampin’ Up! catalog or online: #149237
- A Good Man, page 147, 2019 Annual Stampin’ UP! catalog or online #149270
You’ll find all of the other card making supplies in my Stampin’ UP! online store HERE or by clicking any of the product photos at the bottom of this blog post.
How I made it:
- Cut a piece of watercolor paper to approx 3″ x 4″ (size doesn’t really matter too much)
- Stamp the “man relaxing in the beach chair” image in Staz On Ink on the watercolor paper
- Mask the man and stamp the palm trees in Soft Suede, Old Olive and Granny Apple Green, spritz with water
- Color the man image with Watercolor Pencils, blend with water in an Aqua Painter
- Scribble some yellow, brown and gray watercolor pencils for the “sand” and blend with water in an Aqua Painter
- When Dry, use an Early Espresso Stampin’ Write marker and draw some details on the palm tree trunks
- Cut a top fold Balmy Blue card base (4-1/4″ x 11″ folded in 1/2)
- Layer a piece of striped paper from the Come Sail Away DSP package on top of the base card (I cut it at 4″ x 5-1/2″)
- Sponge some Balmy Blue ink on the watercolored image for the sky
- Add watercolor paper piece to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp “It’s Your Day” with Granny Apple Green ink on Whisper White cardstock, punch with 1″ circle punch and layer onto a Granny Apple Green 1-1/8″ scalloped Circle punch. Add to card with dimensionals.
- Add a scrap (about 4-1/4″ x 2″) of DSP to the inside, secure with Tear n Tape ONLY on 3 sides (leaving top open), for the gift card.
- Stamp greetings from “A Friend LIke You” in Balmy Blue on a die cut Stitched Nested Label die and adhere to pocket.
A few years ago, my friend Cindee told me that her hubby doesn’t just celebrate a birthday… it’s a Birth MONTH… so we decided that we could at least celebrate for about a week 🙂 We enjoyed several lovely dinners out over the last week, a baseball game, bowling tournament, relaxing at home, and of course loved having Jason home with us!! I miss him and love it when he spends time with us!
Want to leave a comment? Please CLICK HERE.