Create a watercolor wash on watercolor paper with any colors of Stampin’ Up! ink for a stunning handmade card background!
After creating the watercolor wash, this card was stamped with the Butterfly Gala butterfly image in Versamark ink and heat embossed with White embossing powder.
It’s stunning and simple.
Click to shop the Butterfly Gala set in my online store.
I created this card while stamping at Kurstan’s all day stamping retreat a couple months ago. I just love how it turned out!
Watercolor Wash background card:
- Use any type of plastic surface (cello bag, clear block, lid from Cool Whip or yogurt) and drop a few drops of about 4 to 6 different colors of reinkers onto the plastic
- Use an Aqua Painter or paint brush to wet the watercolor paper
- One color at a time, pick up the color and swipe it onto the wet paper
- Using adjacent colors that blend well together will help your watercolor “rainbow” look great
- Let dry completely
- Stamp butterflies in versamark, add White Embossing Powder, heat set
- Layer onto mat and base card
- Add sequins.
- Stamp greeting with Memento black ink
Watercolor Wash Color Combo:
Want to leave a comment? Please CLICK HERE.