I had this idea in my head to die cut the Alpine Adventures sled with Stampin' Up! Wood Textures paper.. and I really love how these projects turned out!! I created Christmas card designs and a sweet pillow box for a small gift or gift card!
The Alpine Adventure stamp set and matching Big Shot framelit dies are available as a bundle at 10% off – check out page 11 of the 2018 Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog or HERE online.
In addition to making dozens of cards with this bundle, I also used the same basic supplies to decorate a Pillow Box – it's the perfect size for a small gift, some chocolate, some JEWELRY!! 🙂 or a gift card!
Before die cutting the Alpine Sled, add an Adhesive Sheet to the back of the Wood Textures designer paper, then die cut. That way you can just peel the backing off and adhere it right to your project!!
I always like to get all my cutting, embossing, scoring, die cutting and stamping done first, then I assemble my cards.
I couldn't decide on which embossing folder to use for the background.. my original thought was the Corrugated folder but then I tried the Tin Tile Embossing Folder and loved that too!
- The greeting and snowflakes are in the Alpine Adventures stamp set and stamped with Cherry Cobbler and Pool Party ink on a Stitched Shape Oval die cut
- The sprigs are punched with the Sprig punch and Merry Merlot glimmer paper (Joyous Noel Glimmer paper selection #147817) and Pear Pizzazz cardstock that was spritzed with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint
- The gorgeous Cherry Cobbler plaid is found in the Festive Farmhouse designer paper pack and was punched with the Triple Banner Punch
- Final design note: tie a bow with a double strand of Linen Thread and use a Glue Dot to adhere it to the card
- Card Base: 4-1/4" x 11" Crumb Cake cardstock folded in 1/2. Embossed layer is 3-3/4" x 5" and adhered with Multipurpose Liquid glue
Make your own Alpine Adventures Christmas Cards using these Stampin' Up! supplies. They are all available in my online Stampin' UP! store at the links below!