I love everything about this card! I love the watercolor-look tree image, the layered ovals, the sponged edges, the stamped background, and the simple embellishments! I stamped this card one day when I was crafting at Cindee’s house. We took some inspiration from Pinterest, but ended up making it pretty much our own 🙂 Isn’t that was crafters do? 🙂
I used the Stampin’ Up! Rooted in Nature stamp set and framelit dies (get them in a bundle at a discount!), and the Handwritten background stamp!
I posted a video a few days ago showing how to stamp this watercolor-look tree. I’m including it in my post below.
- Die cut a watercolor paper oval with the Stitched Shape framelits for the tree image
- Sponge the edges of the oval and the background image with Soft Suede ink for a beautiful soft touch
- Stamp the Handwritten background stamp in Soft Suede ink on a piece of Nature’s Poem Designer Paper
- Stamp and die cut leaves with the Rooted in Nature bundle
- Add a Linen Thread bow to the card for one last “natural” looking embellishment
- Watch the video below for details on coloring and spritzing the tree image for the watercolor look
Please enjoy this video tutorial with tips for creating the watercolor tree image on watercolor paper!
If you are reading this in an email, CLICK HERE to watch the video.
Stampin’ Up! supplies for this Rooted in Nature card available below in my online store!