The Stampin' Up! Swirly Bird stamp set and Swirly Scribbles Thinlit dies pair up so nicely to bring you this fun sailboat card!! I saw this idea a month or so ago online done by Marsha Pennington and loved the idea of stamping on the wavy die cut with the swirly stamps and then sponging on more color.. doesn't it create such a beautiful "wave"?
Tips for Stamping this card:
- Stamp the swirl image from the Swirly Bird stamp set in Night of Navy around the edge of the folded 4-1/4" x 11" whisper white card
- Mask the 4" x 5-1/4" whisper white piece with a large post-it note and sponge the bottom 1/3 with Bermuda Bay, and lightly stamp the speckle image from Swirly Bird in Bermuda Bay
- Switch mask and lightly sponge the top 2/3 of the card with Bermuda Bay or Pool Party (for the sky)
- Stamp sailboat pieces from the Swirly Bird stamp set on a white scrap and cut out with paper snips
- Punch clouds with Tree Builder punch in Whisper White cardstock
- Stamp swirly image with Night of Navy on the wavy die cut piece, sponge Cucumber Crush and Bermuda Bay onto the die cut stamped piece, adhere with Multipurpose Glue
Use the Tree Builder Punch to create clouds! Just punch the "tree top" with Whisper White cardstock and add them to your sky to create clouds! I "curved" them a little with my bone folder then put Stampin' Dimensionals only under the center to give them dimension.
Use your Clear Wink of Stella Glimmer pen to add shimmer to your sailboat and water.. just the perfect touch for that illusion of sunlight on the water!
Click the image below to shop for your Swirly Bird / Swirly Scribbles bundle at a 10% discount in my online Stampin' UP! store!
REMINDER: Bonus Days are here!!
For each $50 you spend July 7 -31, you will earn a $5 coupon to redeem in August! CLICK for more info!
This is a GREAT way to get a discount on your shopping in August!!