Wow… I had THE BEST TIME reading through over 200 questions in response to my "Ask Patty" blog post question in THIS POST.
Thank you for your kind words, for your interesting questions and for helping me to get to know you better and to learn what you enjoy about my projects and my blog, and how I can better serve you going forward!
It will take several blog posts for me to answer all the questions, so here is Part 1! 🙂
Question: Do you stamp everyday? How long do you stamp each day? How long do you devote to your business each day? Do you have hired help?
Answer: I decided to lump all those related questions together, as they were all the most asked questions!
- No, I do not get to stamp every day (I know… sadness!!), but when I do stamp it's usually for at least 4 hours at a time, and sometimes more.
- A normal day for me is devoting about 12 hours to my business – and most of it is computer work, answering questions from demonstrators and customers, editing photos of my projects, blogging, posting to social media, creating or editing videos. I do work 7 days a week most weeks, but have been trying to take some evenings or weekend days off here and there.
- I do have a couple of demonstrators in my downline that I hire for a few hours a month to help with things like sending out birthday greetings to the Luv 2 Stamp Group, or helping on our exclusive facebook group. I used to hire our son to help me with catalogs and mailings and sometimes selling retired stamps, but he has been working full time for over a year now, so it's basically just me. I do my best to keep up with it all, and the house and garden.. luckily we enjoy going out to eat and I hate to cook.. so we do that quite often and for me that allows more hours in the day to work.
Question: What is your favorite Stamp Set of all time? What is your favorite Stampin' UP! Color of all time? What is your favorite current Bundle? What is your least favorite color? Favorite Non-Stampin' UP! tool? What is your favorite DSP?
- Favorite Stamp set of all time: wow.. that's hard.. but I really think it has to be Architectural Elements (bet you didn't see that coming, did you?)
- Favorite Color of all time: Probably Cherry Cobbler, but Calypso Coral is a really close 2nd and a few years ago I would have told you I could never live without Ballet Blue!
- Favorite current bundle: Botanical Blooms
- Least favorite color: from the past it would be Luscious Lime, but currently it's Mint Macaron (don't shoot me!) 🙂
- Favorite Non-Stampin' UP! tool: My Carl Cutter!!
- Favorite DSP: it seems to be the current floral DSP at the time.. right now it's Birthday Bouquet and Botanical Gardens
Question: As a successful Stampin' UP! demonstrator, do you get all of the new Stampin' UP! sets for free with each catalog?
Answer: No, but, as a million $$ achiever, I was given a very generous shopping spree, and all demonstrators earn "Flex Points" to spend however we wish, and you can cash them in for shopping sprees in the catalog!
Question: When will we get to see the stamp set you designed as part of your million $$ trip?
Answer: The official answer is that it will be in the annual catalog in June 2017, however, I'm trying to convince Stampin' UP! to release it as a limited edition this coming Sept. and Oct. and then also the following June in the annual catalog… hint: it's a cancer awareness/ribbon set. 🙂
Question: When is your Birthday?
Answer: May 28
Question: How many cards do you stamp a week and what do you do with all the cards you make?
Answer: I create and mail an average of 40 cards per week to send as customer Thank You cards, plus extras for the Luv 2 Stamp Group and family and friends, so, I use every single card I create!
Question: Where do you get your inspiration for your stamped projects? and do you use sketches?
Answer: My favorite places for inspiration are: Pinterest, Instagram, the Stampin' Up! Catalog, my garden, and color combinations or memories from our travels. I tried using sketches but I found it stressful .. silly, huh? I just prefer creating whatever comes to mind. You can see past sketch challenges I participated in here.
Question: What is your favorite Color Combo?
Answer: I have a few:
Future Q&A topics will include:
- questions about Project Life
- questions about videos
- questions about storage in my craft room
- questions on techniques and products
- questions about my business and being a demonstrator
So stay tuned.. I'll try to do one Q&A post a week to finish covering the 200+ questions 🙂
SHOP ONLINE: If you need any Stampin' Up! crafting supplies, click to go to my online store.
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions, please leave me a comment!
NEED A CATALOG?: Please allow me to send you one if you don't already have a demonstrator! Leave me a comment or send me an email; [email protected]
Sign Up for my Customer Newsletter
Patty's FREE VIDEO tutorials