If you've been following me for awhile here on my PattyStamps blog, you'll know that I love penguins and that we have a fun stuffed animal penguin collection that comes out at Christmas time. I also love to buy cute penguin ornaments, figurines, candies, etc. You can imagine my excitement when I saw the Snow Place stamp set in the 2015 Stampin' Up! holiday catalog!!! 🙂 🙂
Then I found these adorable penguin chocolates for only $1 a box at Big Lots!! I just had to buy these to make cute little gifts!!
I slipped the candy into a Tag a Bag Sketched Dot treat bag from Stampin' UP! The little dots on the glassine bags are so cute!! ordering info is at the bottom of this blog post.
The Snow Place stamp set pairs perfectly with the Snow Friends framelits!
Save 15% on the bundle!
How to make the Penguin Christmas Candy Bag:
- measure your Tag a Bag Sketched Dot Bag (pg 151 annual catalog #138316) and cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to slip inside the bag (bags may vary slightly in size, but approx. 4-1/2" x 6-1/4")
- use a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Whisper White cardstock, folded in 1/2, and stamp the penguin (Archival black ink), top hat (Archival Black ink), greeting (Real Red), snowflakes (Pool Party) and dots (Cucumber Crush) on the front 1/2 of the cardstock
- punch the bottom 2 corners with the Curvy Corner Trio Punch
- slip candy into the bag, in front of the cardstock piece
- slip the folded cardstock over the bag and staple
- tie the red striped ribbon around the top, covering the staples
- add rhinestones to the centers of the snowflakes
Have fun making these for your friends for Christmas!
Sign Up for my Customer Newsletter
Patty's FREE VIDEO tutorials
Need a Stampin' Up! catalog?