Do you see a THEME starting to develop with my 6×6 Technique Book class this week?? Like… ROSES?? Manhattan Floral, Fifth Avenue Floral… 🙂
Here is project #2… I THINK I actually thought of this all by myself.. as far as I know you can call this a PATTY BENNETT ORIGINAL!
(click to see larger)
Create beautiful softly shaded roses using the Brayer.
Technique by Patty Bennett
· Textured Impressions Die – Manhattan Flower from Stampin’ Up!
· Big Shot, Multipurpose Platform, clear cutting pads
· Shimmery White Cardstock
· 2 to 3 coordinating colors – classic ink pads
1. Emboss the Manhattan Flower die onto Shimmery White cardstock with the Multipurpose platform and the Big Shot
2. Turn the finished image over so the raised portion is facing DOWN onto your work surface
3. Ink your brayer in one color (I used Regal Rose) and then ROLL OFF much of the ink onto scrap paper
4. Roll remaining ink onto “debossed” rose image (raised portion facing DOWN) – in a “hit and miss” fashion – do NOT try to cover the image entirely with color
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with a 2nd color – I used Summer Sun
6. Cut image out and adhere to your card or project
You are done! Isn’t that quick and easy and BEAUTIFUL!? J
Now.. go make one! 🙂