Thank you to everyone who joined me live on Facebook on Tuesday at 2pm to see how to create these beautiful Tropical Chic double easel cards!! If you missed it, I've posted the video below in this blog post so you can see my inspiration for these cards and how to create them!
The card above features the special day greeting from the Stitched All Around bundle, stamped onto a Stitched Shape Whisper White oval, and then layered onto a Stitched all around label die cut with the Tropical Chic 6x6 paper stack.
To create your own Tropical Chic card gather these supplies:
- 2 pieces of cardstock
- 2 6x6 sheets of Tropical Chic paper
- Whisper White cardstock for stamping
- ink pad colors of your choice
- Tropical Chic bundle
- Stitched Label die cut and Stitched oval die cut
- trimmer and Big Shot
- adhesive and bone folder
All supplies are available in my online store.. scroll to the bottom of this post for clickable links.
Watch the video below in this post for step by step "how to's" :)
One thing I love about this card design is that it folds flat for mailing, and then pops up easily into this gorgeous easel display when the recipient takes it out of the envelope!
Learn how easy it is to create the 2-tone leaves and flowers with an ink pad and sponge dauber! Watch the video tutorial at the bottom of this post! :)
I love the greetings in the Treat Time stamp set (pg 35) so I used one on the card above/below.
Be sure to pin or print out the cutting and scoring dimensions below so that you can make this card!! Mix and match the cardstock colors and designer paper patterns to suite your taste. I took my color palette from the Tropical Chic 6x6 designer paper stack colors. :)
As I was creating this project, I thought about 4 things that I do when die cutting that might help you!!
- If you know you are doing to do a lot of die cutting with a particular set, it's helpful to buy a 2nd set of dies, if that's within your budget
- Store your dies on a magnet sheet so they don't get lost - I use these from Stamp-n-Storage and I prefer the 6x7 size
- I use a Post-It "tab" sticky note to hold dies in place that seem like they want to shift around as they go through the Big Shot
- As I am die cutting, I put all the little pieces into a little container next to my Big Shot so they don't get lost.
Color Combo Tip!
As you are working on your project, take a photo of the colors you are using. If you want to share the idea, or recreate the project later, you'll know exactly which colors you used!
The card below features a greeting found in the Rooted in Nature stamp set.
Please watch the VIDEO BELOW for step by step instructions to make these cards!
If you are reading this in an email feed, click HERE to watch the video.
Simply click ANY of the product photos below to go to my online Stampin' UP! Store to purchase your supplies!