My sweet hubby celebrated his birthday at the end of July, and of course I sat down to stamp a card for him. I had this image of 2 adirondak chairs from the Stampin' Up! Seasonal Layer thinlit set in my mind... 2 chairs side by side at the beach... well, you see.. I was thinking, "what a great anniversary card"..... um HELLO>>> it's his birthday not our anniversary!! GEESH!! So... luckily before I finished the card I just grabbed the Happy Birthday stamp from the Window Shopping stamp set and made it a birthday card.. but seriously.. I don't know WHAT I was thinking!? LOL!
We had a great birthday weekend celebration complete with a trip to the Oakland A's game with fireworks, meals out and time spent with friends! We tried a new Italian place near us that was really good!
So anyway.... a few tips for you if you want to create this card!
- The texture image from the Stampin' Up! Touches of Texture stamp set is awesome for "sand". I stamped Crumb Cake ink onto a torn piece of Crumb Cake cardstock for the "sand"
- The Color Theory paper stack is great for creating a sunset sky and ocean water!! Sponge some Pumpkin Pie ink onto the (yellow) Crushed Curry ombre paper for the sunset looking sky.
- The Fine-Tip glue pen works great to make the sunshine and lemonade glasses "wet" and glossy
- Die cut the adirondak chairs out of the Wood Texture paper stack for realistic looking wood chairs.
- The palm leaves and grass are stamped using images from the Fabulous Flamingo stamp set.
Can you see that awesome "sand"? I love it! So glad I pulled out the Touches of Texture stamp and tried that!
I used the swirl stamp from the Swirly Bird stamp set for the sun. After stamping it in Tangerine Tango, I added glue from the Fine-Tip glue pen over the image and let it dry to make it glossy. I did the same thing for the 2 die cut lemonade cups - added Fine-Tip glue after stamping to make them glossy!
All of these amazing Stampin' Up! crafting products can be purchased in my online store HERE or click on any of the product photos at the bottom of this post to view more info online and buy now.
If you don't have a Stampin' Up! catalog, please let me know so I can mail one to you!
Shop for any of these Stampin' Up! supplies in my online Stampin' Up! store by clicking any of the product photos below: