The 3rd Technique from last Saturday's 6x6 Technique Book Class was Faux Silk. This technique looks stunning in person.. it's easier than you think - try it! :) I found this technique on SCS here.
The crinkled tissue makes it look like silk fabric!
· Outline image stamps, StazOn ink, white cardstock, Aqua Painters, ink refills, tissue paper,SU! Anywhere Glue Stick, 12” Fiskars cutter, bone folder
1. Stamp a piece of tissue paper using StazOn ink and outline image stamps – let dry. It will bleed through the tissue, so protect your stamping surface.
2. Use Aqua Painters and drops of refill ink to paint in the outline images. The ink will bleed through and run easily – try doing this step on a Kleenex or paper towel.
3. Once this is dry, crunch the tissue paper up in a little ball – really!
4. Apply SU! Anywhere Glue Stick to your piece of white cardstock
5. Flatten out the stamped tissue and put it on the cardstock, smoothing out with a bone folder. Don’t try to get out all the wrinkles – Leave some wrinkles showing.
6. When glue is dry, trim off excess tissue with paper cutter.